Just off the back of my post the other day, I feel like right now, in this particular moment, I HAVE MY SHIT TOGETHER… No, I don’t have my ultimate dream job, no I don’t live in my … Continue reading
I left uni unfinished, with 3 years of accountancy knowledge under my belt (Most of which, I knew, would drift away after a few months out of practice) and moved back to the city I SWORE I would never return to.
- Don’t have it all figured out! Chances are, reality will kick in and only 20% of what you think will happen, will happen. (Unless your Taylor Swift…She gets everything!
- Don’t push everything away, opportunity will come in all forms so be open to all offers.
- 50% of your friends will move away..FACT. So keep in touch, surround yourself with people who keep you laughing. Organise drinks when you can, this is crucial! Reminiscing about old memories is the best…and wine makes it so much better!
- Remember you are allowed to feel however your feeling. You will have good days and bad days. So immerse yourself in a good tv show, distract yourself from life. I still do this regularly. It helps me to take my mind off the rigmarole of daily life. (Im currently watching The Good Wife as I write this!!)
- Plan trips regularly.. Work can be so tedious. I used to see endless pictures of people off on holiday every other month and it used to depress the life out of me. But you need to put your foot down. I have made a rule this year to travel at least thrice. You need plans to look forward to and you need to see the world!! You will think you can’t afford it but you can, flights can be so cheap and I swear by Air BnB! You can survive a few skint weekends to make way for an amazing european city break!
Yet again this woman makes me crumble at her feet.
Victoria Beckham is an absolute genius and her recent New York Show cements this fact to the absolute core. She has really adapted from the original figure hugging, waist clenching power dresses, which first brought her onto the scene 5 years ago.
This season sees sleeveless coats, tailored mannish trousers under long floaty skirts and, of course, her signature structured handbags. I am loving these side chained coats, especially the sleeveless white one (See above) As always, we see a lot of colour blocking in this range, but unlike most autumn/winter collections, this collection is brighter.
It’s so refreshing to see her throwing away the waist clenching dresses, and go for more fun, drop waisted, oversized shapes. I am also loving this blue injection; When thinking of autumn, you automatically think purples, greens, browns etc. It’s amazing seeing royal blue standing out so prominently with such a respected and influential designer.
Another notable detail of the range are the beautiful midi skirts. This trend has really taken off over the last year and VB steps it up a notch with the visible slits towards the front of hers. This gives a nod towards the Cullottes trend thats coming on strong.
I love everything about this collection, this woman and what she’s doing. I am forever in awe of how far she has come and how much she’s achieved herself. My inspiration forever..