Working two jobs at the minute is beginning to take its toll on my poor face. (I’m literally posting this from job no.2) I’m blessed in that I never suffered from acne or anything but I do get the odd spot and dark circles when I’m run down…
So I decided I needed to take my beauty regime seriously after my colleague Elaine shouted at me ( i confessed to not being arsed to take my makeup off when I’ve been out… I always want my bed so badly)….. ANYWAY.
Those who know me are aware that I keep my makeup simple, I’m a fan of the natural look. So here are the key essentials that I’ve tried and tested and believe to be the best at what they do..
1. A good moisturiser for your skin is essential. I suffer from dry skin so I’m a big dan of Nivea Visage Rich Moisturising Day Cream (for dry and sensitive skin.) The almond oil keeps your skin dewy and moisturised all day.. Trust me.
2. The perfect foundation. I’m not one for primers and bases and all that malarkey (who has the time??) I wanted something that was fast, light (so I didn’t look caked) but still provided the coverage I wanted for my dark circles and potentially blotchy skin. I was always a fan of No.7 ( mostly from the free £5 voucher that was constantly thrust at me at every boots checkout) and their BB cream, but it wasn’t cutting it anymore. So I decided to go in and tell the girl what I wanted and she suggested the Instant Radiance collection. She tested my skin for the right colour etc and I can say with absolute certainly that ill never wear another makeup again. ( ok that’s a lie because I will get that old that ill start to have to factor in the old anti ageing aspect) but for now! It’s awesome! And I’ve had so many people asking me what I’m wearing too. It just gives your skin a great glow, I’m so pleased.
3. The next key aspect ( and I’ve only got into wearing this in the past 6 months or so) is a good eyebrow pencil. Good lord I don’t know what I ever did without it. I think this is particularly beneficial if you have dark hair. But don’t be one of those people who actually draws them on. The trick is to hold it as if you were to sketch with a pencil and build up light strokes. I suggest Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil, in the appropriate colour of course. It’s always great to get an eyebrow pencil that has a little brush, great to brush your brows out and elongate them and get a good basis to fill in. Thickening your eyebrows gives great shape to your face and really brings out your eyes.
4. I’m totally lost if I don’t have an eyeliner on me.. My absolute favourite is MAC LiquidLast Liner. This stuff is the business. I’ve been surfing with this on and not one single speck of it moved. It’s brilliant. It’s priced around £14-16 but it lasts for a good 4 months or so ( and I wear it every day!) it’s definitely worth investing in as it doesn’t leave any residue on your eyelids or under your eyes.
5. Big bold beautiful lashes! I never have much thought to mascara years ago, thought they all did the same trick. Oh contrare! For my birthday one year, my friend Maria bought me Maybelline Colossal Volum Express Mascara. I now have my mum hooked and people are always asking if I’m wearing fake eyelashes.. No.. This stuff is just the best out there. Retailing at around £8 it’s definitely worth the investment, you’ll never go back to your old one again.
6. To finish it all off I fire on a bit of rouge ( not that my rosy chubbs need any more) with Bourjois Paris Little Pot Blusher. To be absolutely honest, I bought it because it smells nice and also, I’ve literally had it for about a year now and there still some life left in it so its a good Economical purchase.
7. This is just for taking my look through to the night if needs must. I love the smokey eye, so I always carry MAC Kohl Pencil with me in Black. It gives that automatic sultry look for evening events.
And of course you always need a beautiful makeup bag to put it all in (Compact enough to fire into all your bags). I got this beautiful one from Liberty at Christmas ( having had my previous one for the guts of about 6 years...)
Well just thought I’d share that to shed some light and hopefully convert you all to some new products. X Amz